VR-4ever (Jay Belknap)
2005 Ride of the Year 3000GT/Stealth International
- Full chassis paint change to Porsche GT Metallic Silver from the Porsche Carrera GT supercar.
- All new weather-stripping, gaskets, and seals.
- Refreshing of oem Mitsubishi nuts and bolts using new hardware.
- Carbon fiber hood, GT300.
- Carbon fiber roof, one-off.
- Carbon fiber brake ducts, one-off.
- 1999 3000GT front-end conversion modified for Darkside racing front mount intercooler.
- 1999 3000GTsail panels (B-pillar).
- First Generation (1991-1993) JDM GTO rear panel.
- McCulloch 10000K HID lighting.
Suspension and Wheels:
- TEC rear strut/harness bar with molded flush panel covers. (Polished).
- Addco N/A front sway bar.
- One-off custom made front end links.
- Saner rear sway bar and links.
- Drunken Bear adjustable rear camber arms
- Cusco front pillow ball mounts
- Tien S-tech springs.
- New Mitsubishi ECS shocks.
- VOLK GT-C wheels. 18"x9", silver with polished lip. Ray's lugs, and centercaps
- Continental Conti Sport II 255/40/18 tires.
- STACK st8130 race meter with custom one-off carbon fiber bezel and factory integrated switch.
- This car is the first and only 3000GT VR-4 in the world to use a stack instrumentation.
- AEM EMS standalone
- AEM UEGO Wideband O2
- HKS Twin Power DLI Ignition
- HKS type 0 turbo timer
- Greddy 60mm boost gauge (peak/hold/warning function).
- Greddy 60mm A/F gauge. (peak/hold/warning function).
- Greddy 60mm egt gauge. (peak/hold/warning function).
- BRIDE Ergo II gradation sport seats. (Black with silver lettering down the center.)
- Moboleathers upper and lower door panels in black leather. (replace factory tan leather.)
- Headliner, trunk carpet, sunvisors, reupholstered to black. (replace factory tan.)
- New charcoal carpet and console carpet. (replace factory tan.)
- New oem shift knob, shift boot
- Pampena Motorsports 3.1L balanced assembly
- New 99 lifters, crankshaft, oem seals, crank pulley, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, oil pump, water pump, starter, alternator, and power steering and alternator belts
- Power Enterprise super strong kevlar timing belt.
- Power Enterprise Radiator Cap
- Ross Forged Pistons (.030 over)
- Oliver Forged Rods (The first set for 3/S, thanks Ray!)
- ARP hardware
- OE Style Twin Fuel Pump housing
- Twin Walboro 255 Fuel pumps (Hotwired)
- PTE 1000cc Injectors
- Autometer Fuel pressure gauge
- SX high flow fuel filter
- AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- EK2 fuel loop
- IPS TD05 manifolds (Swain-Tech coated)
- EVOIII 16G Turbos (Swain-Tech coated)
- IPS Precat Eliminators (Swain-Tech coated)
- IPS 4" Downpipe (Swain-Tech coated)
- HKS Super Dragger Exhaust
- 3SX Performance Dual-Pass Radiator with twin FAL fans
- SAMCO radiator hoses
- Supercar Engineering Racing oil pan
- Setrab oil cooler
- Dejon Tool Twin Intakes
- Darkside racing front mount intercooler and piping (silver/clear powdercoating)
- Twin HKS Super Sequential Blowoff Valves.
- Phelonic intake plenum spacer.
- SAMCO couplers/Turbonetics t-bolt clamps.
- Polished valve covers, fuel rails, fuel loop, upper and lower intake manifolds, water housing, and throttle body.
- 3SX polyurethane motor mounts and transmission mount.
- RPS Street Max clutch.
- PST one piece carbon fiber driveshaft.
- Optima battery relocated to the trunk, installed in an NHRA approved Taylor battery box. (polished).
- Deleted AC, ABS, EGR, Cruise Control
- Other weight reduction. (Rear wiper, front and rear wiper fluid tanks, tow hook, battery tray, etc...)
- Vacuum line reduction in engine bay.
- NOS nitrous oxide system controlled via AEM EMS.
- Pioneer DEH-P8600MP head unit
- Directed 650 5 channel amplifier. (Hidden)
- Kicker 1" tweeters (Hidden)
- Pioneer 4-way 6 1/2" front speakers (Hidden)
- Rockford Fosgate 3-way 6x9" rear speakers. (Hidden)
- Dual 10" Infinity Perfect subwoofers
I got rear-ended Feb. 19th 2004.
I decided to tear this car down to the bare frame and completely restore, upgrade, and innovate with fresh ideas. Almost a year and a half later, I have the roadcourse built car that I have always wanted, with a setup that will lay down consistent 11's on the dragstrip, (Even though that is not where 3S should be, haha.) And lastly, a stunning example of a well balanced 3S for show.
I thank everyone that has helped me in any way. It means more than you'll ever know. =)