Bslade (Bob Slade)
Ride of the Month Submission 3000GT/Stealth International December 2010
Suspension and Wheels:
- Tein Coilovers
- Diablo 20" Chrome wheels
- 275/30ZR20s Rear, 255/35ZR20s Front
- Cross drilled rotors, SS brakelines, Axis Pads.
- Innovative Performance Digital A/F (A-pillar)
- AEM Boost Gauge (A-Pillar)
- Apexi blue LED Turbo Timer
- Apexi NEO A/F Mgt
- Reconditioned leather seats (Stock was cloth)See below.
- Blue LED conversion on all switches and lights. See below.
- Speedhut Indigo Blue gauge face overlays including centre gauges
- 3SI Floormats
- Polished intake plenum, intake pipes, valve covers, fuel rails, water housing, headers, downpipe, Stealth R/T Spark Plug cover, strut bar.
- Custom Single Turbo
- GT Racing Wastegate and BOV
- Steel Forged Crank
- 360CC injectors
- 99 lifters
- Chrome rings
- Upgraded pistons
- Front mount intercooler
- Front mount Tranny cooler
- Stainless steel intake piping and exhaust system (again custom made by GTR)
- K&N FIPK mounted down by foglight.
- Supra Fuel Pump (Hot Wired)
- Alpine MP3Head Unit
- Audiobahn amp for sub
- JBL 10" Sub in Homemade Box
- FIAMM Horn Mod
- Snake-Eyes Mod
My Website: Bob's Stealth
I purchased this car in 2002 from an elementary school teacher who really didn't know how to take care of it. I fell in love with it after the 1st test drive! It had 178,000km. It started out as a high-end used car for a daily driver. The first thing I had to do was get it painted. Paint was thrashed and sideskirt split... My cousin the ex-bodyshop mgr stripped it down sanded it, threw all the parts inside (bumpers and all) and took it to the paint shop for re-painting it stock/original orchid pearl blue. When it came out, I helped him put it all back together again. Thats when I learned how well built these bodies are! Took forever, but it was worth it. Paint still holds its own in car shows to this day.
I found the 3SI website shortly after, then the 'obsession' began..... I met other owners with beautiful cars, engine bays, etc. etc. and wanted a car like theirs. Started 'upgrading little things here and there.
Stereo Upgrade was next, even built my own sub box because being long distance daily driver I didn't want to lose my spare tire!
Then I learned how to polish Aluminum......then it snowballed... 'Hey! I can polish that too!' I kept saying. Local 3S owners started calling me Mr. Bling....
Show & Shine judges would walk by my car, look at the engine bay, realize how many hours it took to polish all those parts, and just shake their head.....then give me a trophy at the end of the day
Kept driving it 100Km to/from work every day, but eventually at 320,000km the head gasket finally gave up.
Our local guru/Stealth-God mechanic at GT Racing said 'Bob - if you wanna go Turbo, now is the time to do it'. Need a whole engine rebuild, so away we went! The Single-Turbo setup, including turbo, intake, headers, exhaust are all custom made (stainless steel) for this car. GT designed the whole thing. While it was in the shop (engineless) I found a set of Leather seats that a friend reconditioned and replaced all damage leather on. I installed them while it was in the garage being re-built.
The Turbo was made from 2 different turbos (bigger vanes, faster spooling ball bearing type). Last Dyno run est 410HP at the crank.(At 12 lbs boost).
The next winter I slowly converted the entire interior to Blue LED lighting. Patience is very necessary if anyone even thinks about being crazy enough to do this like I did....LOL
Odometer now reads 356,000Km....... and it's just like a brand new Stealth R/T FWD except better!